Last Updated: October 1, 2022
Coinamatic Canada Inc. (“Coinamatic”) is strongly committed to protecting your privacy and providing a safe online experience for all of our users and customers while offering the highest quality user experience to them.
DEFINITION OF “PERSONAL INFORMATION”
“Personal Information” is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with you. This includes such information as contact information and financial information. It may also include more technical information, such as your IP address, browser settings and device ID, but only when this information can identify you as an individual. Information that is anonymized and cannot be associated with an identifiable individual is not considered to be Personal Information, if it is, at all times, reasonably foreseeable in the circumstances that this information irreversibly no longer allows the individual to be identified directly or indirectly.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We limit the collection of Personal Information to what is reasonably required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
Personal Information You Volunteer
We collect and use personal information that you volunteer to us, including:
- Contact Information: We collect contact information such as your name, e-mail address, home address, and phone number for the purposes of processing transactions, maintaining any balances you load through your device, processing your payment, sending you notifications and keeping you up-to-date about the Services, and otherwise administering your account. With your consent, we may also communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and rewards, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Payment Method Information: We collect your credit card or other payment method-related information for the purposes of processing transactions you request through the Services. We use third-party payment processors in connection with the Coinamatic mobile application for the purposes of processing your payment.
- Contests & Surveys: If you choose to participate in a Coinamatic contest or survey, we will collect the Personal information you provide for the purposes of administering the contest or survey.
- Customer Service: We collect the Personal information that you provide to us when you contact us to request support or training, or otherwise communicate with us in connection with the Services. We use this information for the purposes of responding to your request.
Information Collected Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services. This may include, as applicable, the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, the page you visited before navigating to our Services, application features used, communication errors and login failures.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We maintain records in relation to the street addresses and building room numbers in which laundry machines are located. In consequence we may in some cases collect information about your location, such as when you use our mobile applications to make use of such laundry machines. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us provide our Services, improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Machine Usage Information: We collect information about your use of our machines through Services.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to the purposes mentioned in the foregoing section, we will generally use your Personal information as part of our normal business operations in order to provide you with our products and services and to support our business, for research and development purposes, for marketing purposes, or otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law:
General business purposes
More specifically, we may use your Personal information for the following purposes:
- to process your purchases and related transactions;
- to provide customer service and to respond to your inquiries or requests;
- providing, maintaining, analyzing and improving our Services;
- to customize the content of our Services and advertising;
- to protect our rights, property and safety and those of our employees, customers and the public;
- to detect, investigate and prevent fraud and other illegal activities;
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes; and
- to comply with legal requirements.
Research and development purposes
We may use Personal information to understand and assess your interests and changing needs with a view to improving our products and services and developing new ones, as well as to evaluate potential improvements or other modifications to the functionality of our Services. For instance, we may use third-party web analytics services to help us analyze how visitors use our Services. When required by law, we will use anonymized information for these purposes.
We may use your Personal information to provide you with personalized content and services, such as tailoring our products and services, our digital experience and offerings.
We may also use your Personal information to communicate with you in a variety of ways (for example, by email, telephone, text message, direct mail or through our online support services) about our programs, products, services, special offers, promotions, contests or events that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive our commercial electronic messages, please follow the unsubscribe procedure included in each of these messages. For more information on this topic, see “Your Choices” below.
For other purposes as permitted or required by law
We will not use Personal information for any other purpose without your consent, unless permitted or required by law.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please note that we will only retain your Personal information for as long as reasonably necessary for the above purposes or as required by law. Once no longer required, your Personal information will be securely destroyed or anonymized, in compliance with applicable laws.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Service providers. We may transfer Personal information to our service providers, agents, vendors or other organizations that provide services to Coinamatic, so that we can provide our Services to you. These service providers help us operate and manage our technology systems, internal procedures, infrastructure and marketing. They provide services to us such as data hosting, analytics services, accounting, and sending emails and postal mail. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions. We require these service providers to limit their access to and/or use of Personal information to what is required to provide their services and adhere to confidentiality as well as security procedures and protections, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose Personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
- Sale or transfer of our business or other transaction. We may decide to sell all or part of our business or assets to a third party, to merge with another entity, or to engage in another form of transaction. If your Personal information is required in connection with any such events, we will comply with the legal requirements for the disclosure of Personal information and ensure that the handling of your Personal information complies with applicable privacy legislation in Canada.
- For other purposes permitted or required by law. Applicable laws may permit or require the use, sharing, or disclosure of Personal information without consent in specific circumstances. For example, we may share your Personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order (which may include lawful access by Canadian, US, or other foreign governmental authorities; courts; or law enforcement agencies); to other organizations in the case of investigating a breach of an agreement, fraud or other illegal activities or contravention of law; or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US, or other law. If this happens, we will not share more Personal information than is reasonably required to fulfill that particular purpose.
- With your consent. Other than the purposes listed above, we may, with your implied or express consent or at your direction, share or disclose your Personal information, in accordance with applicable laws.
We believe that choice in how and when you are contacted is key to customer satisfaction. Therefore, we offer several ways for you to update your contact information and/or change your preferences.
- You may unsubscribe to any of our online e-mail communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in the body of any e-mail message.
- You may write to us and update your contact information at: 301 Matheson Blvd West, Mississauga, ON, L5R 3G3.
- You may also contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that even if you have indicated your choice not to receive commercial messages from us, we may still communicate with you in connection with a service, in accordance with applicable law (for example, to send you important product information, service notification or recall). In addition, we will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly; but you may still receive promotional information from us by mail for up to 60 days due to printing and mailing schedules, and up to 10 business days for e-mail.
We use technology to enhance your experience, undertake analysis of your use of our services, and present you with offers, including personalised advertising.
You can remove or disable some of these technologies at any time through your browser. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use some of the features of our websites or mobile applications.
Please refer to your browser instructions or device help screen to learn how to block, delete and manage cookies on your computer or mobile device.
Withdrawal of consent
The withdrawal of your consent may affect our ability to continue to provide you with the products and services that you have or would like to receive because the continued use and disclosure of your Personal information is a necessary part of making the product or service available to you. In some circumstances, legal requirements may prevent you from withdrawing consent and/or we may be required to retain some of your Personal information.
Coinamatic takes appropriate organizational, technical and administrative safeguards aimed to prevent any unauthorized access, loss, misuse, modification, disclosure or alteration of Personal information in our possession.
We maintain policies and practices which ensure the protection of your Personal information. Depending on the volume and sensitivity of the information, the purposes for which it is used and the format in which it is stored, we implement a combination of measures to protect your Personal information, including:
- internal policies and procedures that define the roles and responsibilities of our employees throughout the information life cycle and limits their access to such information on a “need-to-know” basis;
- technical safeguards such as encryption, firewalls, antivirus software and similar measures;
- a designated Privacy Officer to monitor Coinamatic’s compliance with applicable data protection laws;
- employee privacy and data security training;
- procedures for receiving, investigating and responding to complaints or inquiries regarding Coinamatic’s information handling practices, including any security incidents involving Personal information;
- Contractual protections and other measures to ensure that service providers with whom we share Personal information maintain adequate privacy protections and standards. For example, we generally require our service providers to limit their use and retention of Personal information to what is necessary to provide their services and to notify us in case of any actual or suspected security incident. We also try to monitor and audit their compliance with these requirements in various ways (e.g. on-site inspections (if feasible), surveys and interviews, proof of certification).
CROSS-BORDER TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
While we endeavor to keep your Personal information within Canada, we and our affiliates may access, store or process your Personal information outside of Canada. Some of our service providers may also access, process or store your Personal information outside of Canada. We use reasonable safeguards to ensure that our service providers protect your Personal information wherever it is used or stored.
When your Personal information is used or stored in a jurisdiction other than where you are residing, it may be subject to the law of that foreign jurisdiction, including any law permitting or requiring disclosure of the information to the government, government agencies, courts and law enforcement in that jurisdiction.
If you have questions with respect to our use of service providers outside Canada, please contact us using the coordinates set out in the “Contact Information” section.
None of the information on the Services is intended for the use of children under 13 (under 14 in Quebec), and Coinamatic does not knowingly register any person or accept information from any person under the age of 13 (under 14 in Quebec).
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your Personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain Personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their Personal information records.
Or you can contact us by mail at:
Coinamatic Canada Inc.
301 Matheson Blvd West
Mississauga, ON, L5R 3G3