- Location: BC, BC
- Posted on: September 24, 2018
- Apply by: October 16, 2018
- Reference #: 017
Canada’s specialist in managed laundry systems, has been providing vended laundry equipment and service to the multi-residential housing industry for over 70 years. Coinamatic currently services over 22,000 customer locations across Canada with sustainable laundry solutions, top of the line Maytag and Alliance equipment and ultimate customer service with a 24/7 multilingual live voice call centre supported by a coast to coast national service team
The driving force to our success continues to be our customer service. As we build upon our 70-year history, growth and innovation are at the forefront of our strategic goals. Over the past five years we’ve doubled in size, pioneered new advances in laundry room technology, and modernized our systems. In being a people-centered company, we provide professional development, promotional opportunities, and a learning environment to continue to innovate. If our spirit of innovation and customer-focused approach speaks to you, we’d like to meet you!
The shop technician is responsible for all inbound and outbound shipping activities, refurbishing and cleaning washers and dryers in a warehouse setting.
The incumbent will have electrical and mechanical aptitude and be working towards obtaining a Journeyman’s license.
- Test and repair appliances in a shop/warehouse environment
- Load and offload trucks
- Involvement with Physical inventory
- Prepare machines for field installation
- Received incoming removals with an RF Scanner
- Involvement with various shop-related activities
- Perform shipping/receiving duties
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Working towards obtaining a Journeyman’s license
- Positive Attitude
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Strong mechanical / technical aptitude
- Past shipping and receiving experience preferred
- Able to move heavy equipment, up to 40 lbs
- Forklift license an asset
- Use of basic tools
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills
- Manual dexterity required to use various repair tools
- Lifting or moving up to 40lbs will be required (washers/dryers up to 300lbs)
- Own basic tools
Coinamatic is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing a great candidate experience
Coinamatic employees get paid competitive wages and have access to an outstanding benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, educational reimbursement, and a Group RRSP Plan. Team events and celebrations. Our dress down business casual environment and comfortable uniforms are just a part of our brand. We’ve come along way in leading our industry with an appetite for innovation and an uncompromising sense of being true to ourselves.
Job Type: Full-time